Posix threads
c1borkho Offline
Student

Posix threads
Good day, are pthreads gonna be part of the exam?
2014-08-11 21:59
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
c2popovi Offline
Student

RE: Posix threads
On the lecture slides for what's going to be on the final, there was no explicit mentioning of them, however Q1 is said to cover anything so it is quite possible to see a question about threads (maybe not coding, but certainly an understanding of them). I would look over them for that reason. Good thing is that if you mastered fork(), you kinda know threads nativity Smile
2014-08-12 12:33
c1borkho Offline
Student

(2014-08-12 12:33)c2popovi Wrote:  On the lecture slides for what's going to be on the final, there was no explicit mentioning of them, however Q1 is said to cover anything so it is quite possible to see a question about threads (maybe not coding, but certainly an understanding of them). I would look over them for that reason. Good thing is that if you mastered fork(), you kinda know threads nativity Smile

Thank you kindly
2014-08-12 13:58
bogdan Offline
Instructor

(2014-08-12 13:58)c1borkho Wrote:  
(2014-08-12 12:33)c2popovi Wrote:  On the lecture slides for what's going to be on the final, there was no explicit mentioning of them, however Q1 is said to cover anything so it is quite possible to see a question about threads (maybe not coding, but certainly an understanding of them). I would look over them for that reason. Good thing is that if you mastered fork(), you kinda know threads nativity Smile

Thank you kindly

Exactly, you need to cover pthreads as well.
2014-08-13 12:40

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average