A3 extension option for grad students
moore Offline
Instructor

A3 extension option for grad students
If you are a grad student you have the option of writing the final exam or doing an extended version of assignment 3. If you do the extended version, it is due April 15 at 11:59pm and you would hand in the normal part of assignment 3 on the normal assignment 3 due date.

Below are the options of the assignment:

Option 1: Extend the raytracer
Implement all of the following:

- Handling a non-trivial compound object, containing quadratic surfaces (e.g., a cone or
cylinder). Spheres, ellipses, planes and patches thereof don’t count.
- Handling arbitrary surface mesh geometry.
- Anti-aliasing
- Glossy reflections
- Depth of field
- Extended light sources, in order to to produce soft shadows
- Texture-mapping (an interesting procedural texture is also acceptable).
- Adding environment mapping to item 7.
- Motion Blur
- Refraction (e.g. glass spheres)

Plus

- Caustics

Plus

- an advanced option of your choosing

Option 2:
Implement an animation system, and let it output files that can be input by your raytracer to render the animations

Option 3:
Implement an advanced interactive system, where you discuss the scope of the project with the instructor or TA's.
2014-03-26 14:38
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
c4perrie Offline
Student

RE: A3 extension option for grad students
(2014-03-26 14:38)moore Wrote:  Option 2:
Implement an animation system, and let it output files that can be input by your raytracer to render the animations
I'm assuming that this means the raytracer has to be the "Advanced Ray Tracer" (i.e., extension of Part A, with shadows, reflection and 5 of the 10 options). Correct me if I'm wrong.
2014-03-28 10:05
t3calinl Offline
TA

That's correct.
2014-03-28 11:43
c4perrie Offline
Student

(2014-03-26 14:38)moore Wrote:  If you are a grad student you have the option of writing the final exam or doing an extended version of assignment 3. If you do the extended version, it is due April 15 at 11:59pm and you would hand in the normal part of assignment 3 on the normal assignment 3 due date.

So, I totally did not read this part properly until just 8 hours ago. Hence, I did not submit the normal part of the assignment on the normal assignment 3 due date (although all of Part A and most of Part B was done at the time). Also, how does one hand in the assignment 3 (with extension) now? Markus is not letting me submit it.

I've sent an email to Luke with the a3-solution.tgz attached, but something tells me that's not where it should go. Please advise.
(This post was last modified: 2014-04-16 02:26 by c4perrie.)
2014-04-16 02:22

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average