A4 marks and other details
papaggel Offline
Instructor

Exclamation A4 marks and other details
Hi all,
  • I have posted your A4 marks on the CDF server, so you can check them online. If you notice any problem (no matching grade, no grade registered at all, etc.) please let me know by personal email.
  • We have emailed you a rubric with your mark in each of the queries of the assignment. Note that only the person that submitted A4 will receive an email at his or her CDF account.
  • The marking scheme we followed was very straightforward (for most of the cases):
    - if a query is correct should get all marks (10/10).
    - If the query returns a subset of the correct items should get (3/10)
    - If the query returns a superset of the correct items should get (3/10)
    - If the query doesn't return anything all returns results that are not correct should get (0/10).
  • Marks were on the high spectrum in this assignment (as expected).
    Average: 84 / 100
    Median: 88 / 100
    St. Deviation: 16.6
Thanks & enjoy the break.
(This post was last modified: 2013-12-18 11:14 by papaggel.)
2013-12-17 19:40
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
c3yewtzu Offline
Student

RE: A4 marks and other details
Will the exam grades also come to CDF or do we wait for ROSI?

Operações Especiais
2013-12-17 21:37
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
papaggel Offline
Instructor

(2013-12-17 21:37)c3yewtzu Wrote:  Will the exam grades also come to CDF or do we wait for ROSI?

I have to confirm with Undergraduate Office about the policy of distributing final exam marks.
2013-12-18 11:13
papaggel Offline
Instructor

(2013-12-18 11:13)papaggel Wrote:  
(2013-12-17 21:37)c3yewtzu Wrote:  Will the exam grades also come to CDF or do we wait for ROSI?

I have to confirm with Undergraduate Office about the policy of distributing final exam marks.

The Undergraduate Office have advised to not put final marks on the CDF website as exams are held at faculty level rather than department level. Students have to go through Faculty of Arts and Science for all matters regarding final exams (including grade queries), therefore I think it would be best to, on this occasion, not put the marks up.
2013-12-18 16:45
c3yewtzu Offline
Student

Got it, thanks.

Operações Especiais
2013-12-18 20:25
papaggel Offline
Instructor

(2013-12-17 19:40)papaggel Wrote:  Hi all,
  • I have posted your A4 marks on the CDF server, so you can check them online. If you notice any problem (no matching grade, no grade registered at all, etc.) please let me know by personal email.
  • We have emailed you a rubric with your mark in each of the queries of the assignment. Note that only the person that submitted A4 will receive an email at his or her CDF account.
  • The marking scheme we followed was very straightforward (for most of the cases):
    - if a query is correct should get all marks (10/10).
    - If the query returns a subset of the correct items should get (3/10)
    - If the query returns a superset of the correct items should get (3/10)
    - If the query doesn't return anything all returns results that are not correct should get (0/10).
  • Marks were on the high spectrum in this assignment (as expected).
    Average: 84 / 100
    Median: 88 / 100
    St. Deviation: 16.6
Thanks & enjoy the break.

There were a few remarking requests for A4. These were mostly referring to XQuery 1, which could be constructed in two different ways (either average over all actors or average over all actors that have been awarded at least one). To avoid confusion, I decided to consider both approaches correct. Thus, I have made the remarks and updated the CDF system, so whoever was affected by this issue, will see a small increase to their mark.
2013-12-20 14:52

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average