A3 Marks Today
zingard Offline
Instructor

A3 Marks Today
Hi all,

Please let me apologize for the delay on A3 marking.

A3 marks have been emailed.

If you have concerns, please feel free to wait until after the exam to look at A3. Contact me by end of Tues Aug 21 with questions/re-mark requests etc.

You might notice that the mark given at the top might be different from the total at the bottom. The top mark ("your mark on CSC209 assignment 3 is...") is your mark, reflecting my manual testing compared to the mark at the bottom that reflects only raw autotesting results. For example, if your output differed even a bit from my tshref, the automarker would have given 0 on many tests. If the difference in output was insignificant (e.g. a misspelling, different wording), I corrected this manually.

Thanks,
Dan
(This post was last modified: 2012-08-16 20:24 by zingard.)
2012-08-16 16:05
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
c1basika Offline
Student

RE: A3 Marks Today
Could you post the average on this assignments we have done so far? Their are inconsistencies between the MarkUs and CDF websites, so if that could get cleared up that would be awesome.

Thanks,
2012-08-16 20:30
zingard Offline
Instructor

There should not be inconsistencies between MarkUs and CDF. If you have one, please let me know.

A3 marks will be on CDF by the next refresh tomorrow morning.

Thanks,
Dan
2012-08-16 20:51
c1basika Offline
Student

(2012-08-16 20:51)zingard Wrote:  There should not be inconsistencies between MarkUs and CDF. If you have one, please let me know.

A3 marks will be on CDF by the next refresh tomorrow morning.

Thanks,
Dan

Sorry, I mean the course average is different not individual marks. The average calculated on MarkUs for A2 is 50.59% and is 77.9% on CDF. I recall something similar happening in my CSC236 class, but can't remember what the issue was, should we go with the grades on CDF?

Edit: Found the CSC236 thread https://csc.cdf.toronto.edu/bb/YaBB.pl?num=1333009477

"The average on CDF is the correct one. The problem with the MarkUs average is that it includes students who had an empty submission directory for A2 (and who obviously got no grade for A2)."
(This post was last modified: 2012-08-16 21:11 by c1basika.)
2012-08-16 21:06
c1weimia Offline
Student

Oh good. The failing mark at the bottom was confusing me a bit. Haha. Glad to see it was alrdy addressed Smile.
2012-08-16 21:23
zingard Offline
Instructor

c1basika: you are right, the CDF average is the "real average" not including 0% non-submissions from dropped students.

Dan
2012-08-16 23:08
c1kwongk Offline
Student

The only mark I have on MarkUs is for A2. I have no other marks on MarkUs. Is this normal?
2012-08-19 20:07
zingard Offline
Instructor

Yep, that is exactly right. MarkUs was used only to mark A2. The rest of the marks will be found only on CDF.

Thanks,
Dan
2012-08-19 23:18

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average