Why the new marks can not be found?
c2wangzf Offline
Student

Why the new marks can not be found?
I have checked the web site and linux command, but the new marks for PA1 wasn't available.
Can any boby tell me how to get the new mark? Thanks for any reply.
2012-12-08 14:58
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
t2aminto Offline
TA

RE: Why the new marks can not be found?
(2012-12-08 14:58)c2wangzf Wrote:  I have checked the web site and linux command, but the new marks for PA1 wasn't available.
Can any boby tell me how to get the new mark? Thanks for any reply.

They are there. Make sure you are replace STUDENTID with your student number not your CDF id. If you are still not able to get it, send me an email.

Amin
2012-12-08 15:29
g1singhk Offline
Student

I must have missed something from a tutorial. Which website and linux command are you guys talking about?
2012-12-09 00:03
t2aminto Offline
TA

(2012-12-09 00:03)g1singhk Wrote:  I must have missed something from a tutorial. Which website and linux command are you guys talking about?

An announcement email was sent out last week on Tuesday to the class mailing list.
2012-12-09 03:44
g1singhk Offline
Student

Seems I was never on the mailing list. Can you post the announcement email here? Or whatever is more efficient.
2012-12-09 09:05
g8cutz Offline
Student

(2012-12-09 09:05)g1singhk Wrote:  Seems I was never on the mailing list. Can you post the announcement email here? Or whatever is more efficient.

Hi,

I reran the automarker several times with more relaxed constraints than before (high ttl, large socket timeout values, restarting your router if it crashes in between tests). To account for intermittent VNS failures, if your submission passes a test case in any of the runs, we consider it passed.

You can access your updated PA1 mark sheets (containing the log of different runs) on my homepage at "http://www.cs.toronto.edu/~amin/csc458/SIDHASH.txt" where SIDHASH is the md5 hash of your student id. (The mark sheets get automatically updated if I rerun the automarker.)

Unfortunately, due to VNS issues, PA1 topologies are no longer available. The problem just got resolved, but we still need to setup new topologies. For that, we need a list of people who have objections.

If you have an objection, please send me an email (by the end of the day) with a brief explanation. You would also need to come to my office hour on Thursday at 12pm @BA2230. If your problem does not get resolved I will assign you a topology on VNS and you'll have a day to fix them with penalty (I will announce the penalties later on).

Please note that these marks are raw, so depending on the overall performance of students in the course, Yashar may decide to adjust them.

Cheers, Amin

P.S.: You can get the md5sum of your student id using the following command (replace SID with your student id): "echo -n SID | md5sum".

P.S.: On a Linux box, you can download your mark sheet using the following command (replace SID with your student id): wget http://www.cs.toronto.edu/~amin/csc458/`echo -n SID | md5sum | cut -d' ' -f1`.txt
2012-12-09 13:19
g1singhk Offline
Student

Thanks!
2012-12-10 14:40

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average